Friday, February 11, 2022

The Creation Of A Film Opening

    Well, after a long 6 months, it is finally time to begin my biggest project of the year: the film opening. I cannot lie, I was a bit nervous when I first heard about this project, but after receiving more details about the project I could not be more excited. All the has been going through my head the past few days are ideas for this project. Although I am early on in the decision stages of this project, i'm so excited to see what I can create from it. 
                                                                    Genre Consideration
    I have spent the past few days debating what I want to create for this piece, but I came to the realization that one thing that may help me narrow down my ideas is to decide on a genre. So... after plenty of consideration and research I decided the Drama genre would be perfect. I truly enjoy a good romantic drama or teen drama. Also, TV shows in this drama tend to grab a hold on my attention. One of my favorite movies, although it may be cliché is The Notebook (2004). 

    This movie had me so invested I was sobbing into my blanket while watching it. I truly enjoyed the plotline, mise-en-scene, dialogue and production style of this film. Though the movie was amazing, I chose not to follow a typical plotline of a romantic drama. Instead I would say that my movie inspiration is Me Before You (2016). 
    Some of my idea's can be credited to this movie, but my film opening will not replicate this film in anyways. 
    I may have time and a lot of time to change my decision on my choice of genre, but i'm pretty set in stone with this one so don't expect a change. This creative process is going to be so fun and I can't wait to document the entire thing. Stay tuned to find out what's up next ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment